Sunday, June 11, 2006

And now... the time is near...

Hello all!
So six weeks have come and gone.  Can't believe it, but I'll be back Stateside on Tuesday (after about 24 hours of straight travelling mind you...).  England's been great, I have to come back here.  Today we went to church in the morning and then spent hours on Hamstead heath (this huge open park)... gorgeous.  The weather's been amazing-- not a drop of rain.  It was perfect I tell you.  I loved people-watching there.  There were these tiny kids trying to play cricket (one walked right into the ball, poor thing).  And this dad and his son messing around with a soccer ball, and the dad kept holding the kid back so he couldn't kick it (Dad!  No hands!, Alright, referee) so then the kid latched on to his dad's leg and rode it while his dad tried to kick the ball-- SO CUTE.  And these two couples celebrating with a picnic basket of caviar and champagne.  And this dad who had to climb a tree to get his kid done cuz he was  singing at the top of his lungs over and over 'I believe I can fly!  I believe I can touch the sky!' no joke.  Freakin' hilarious.  Almost couldn't handle it.  Made me smile.  Oh, Sarah's addicted to Agatha Christie novels btw lol.  It's very giggle-inducing.  She's devoured 3 in like 2 days and is searching for more for the plane ride.

This has been an incredible experience for me.  I don't even know where to begin with all I've learned, but I feel like I should be completely different than I was before, so much has happened.  And I've met the most amazing people from all over the world.  Eaten amazing chocolate (mmmm... chocolate...).  Can't wait to show you all the pictures.  I'm trying to think of a good way to say this, but the words just aren't coming, so I'll settle for that people really are good deep down.  Slipping and falling on the bus is funny in every language.  You can communicate with anyone no matter what language barriers there are if you really want to (and have a good time doing it).  Honestly, we all want basically the same things:  a good laugh and someone to miss us when we're away.  And that's an end, all.

Oh, a warning.  Once you start traveling you'll never want to stop... I'm already planning my next trips :).  Love you all and thanks for your support.  I'll see my US lovelies soon.  As for the rest of you-- keep in touch.

Love,
Kristi

No comments: