Thursday, June 01, 2006

Paris, etc, etc

Hey all!
So I was reading over these entries and I realized there are many typos, which, let's face it, is really unaceptable seeing as how I'm an English nerd and stuff.  So we're going to blame it on European keyboards.  Blasted euro keyboards...;)
 
So Sarah and I are in Paris!  The train ride was a bit long and cramped.  We had our first and only sleeper car of the trip-- those things are interesting.  A triple bunkbed strapped to the wall that I felt very large in.  No head or feet room (gotta love being over 5'5").  They had a sink that we did use and a chamber pot (yeah I'm serious) that we didn't.  They gave us water in little vacummed-sealed containers to brush our teeth with cuz the sink water wasn't potable and served us croussants and oj for breakfast, that was nice. 
Paris is freezing btw.  Like honest to goodness COLD.  It rained off and on all day today.  I was standing in the gardens outside the Chatue Versailles- most beautiful gardens ever- shivering my butt off.  It was tragic.  The gardens and chateu are gorgeous though.  Totally worth going to see.  I wish I'd had more time and better weather to explore them.  Love gardens.  It had incredible fountains as well (not that they were on... but I imagine that would've been cool as well).
Our hostel is nice, 4 to a room with free showers.  We have 3 more nights here and then it's off to London.  Tomorrow is our monument/church day and then we have 4 fabulous museums split over two.  Hopefully we get to see most of it, though if I've learned anything from this it's that you'll never have enough time, but the time you do have will be wonderful.
That's all for now... love you all!
Kristi

No comments: