Sunday, June 04, 2006

Grand ol Paris

Hello my dears!
 
So I love Paris.  I mean I'm actually in love with it, everything about it, from the free clean public restrooms, to the everpresent fountains, to the crepes, to the coffee-drinking poets spouting philosophy in the parks... (sigh of contentment).  So I've had a wonderful past few days.  We've seen monuments and museums mostly.  The Musee d'orsay was by far my favorite.  It houses mostly impressionist stuff, though they had an incredible exhibit of art nouvou furniture (very cool).  I spent at least 15 minutes in the Van Gogh room communing with the master.  It was an intense experience.  All of the art was fabulous, blew Florence away by miles, and the museum itself was incredible.  It's inside an old train station-- and everything is easy to find, and well displayed... it's just a nice change from dark corners and ridiculous lines.  So I don't have a ton of time, but I wanted to let you all know that we're safe and we'll be in London on Tuesday (we take the chunnul at 6am).  Very much looking forward to England, expenses not withstanding.  I'm learning a ton from the city and from my roomies.  There's a girl in our hostel from Virginia-- I've gotten the best lines off of her.  Ask me for the stories and the imitations when you see me :).  I love you all and will email soonish!
Kristi

No comments: