Monday, May 08, 2006

Prague, etc

Hello all my dear ones!
 
I hope this update finds you well.  Sarah and I are currently in Prague for the third day.  We've had a wonderful time, the architecture is extraordinarily beautiful.  We were sad today though cuz it's their Liberation day which means everything but public transport and the touristiest stuff are closed :(.  Muy triste!  We've taken some excellent pictures however.  The cathedral here blows St. Steven's in Vienna away by miles.  We had to climb, CLIMB, the tower to see the city from the top though.  It took ages and there were 50 million people in there with us (I don't exaggerate).  I do wish Europeans would shower.... anyways, we're safe and having fun.  Most of the people we've met have been wonderful and friendly.  We met an old lady today that we've named "Lady Czech".  She was SO cute.  She helped us catch a tram to a market that was closed for the holiday.  She told us all about how she used to have a crush on Robert Redford and wrote him love letters.  Just adorable.  Today we checked out a 700 year old synagogue.  OH, and yesterday we walked the St. Charles bridge-- just marvelous, with statues of different leaders and saints and street performers, and shops.  I loved it.  I love Europe in general so far and I'm very excited to keep going.  I love you all and I'll email soon.  Tomorrow we take the train back to Vienna and we catch a flight to Paris the day after. 
 
Love,
 
Kristi
 
PS- Czechs are ALL ABOUT PDA.  Just so you know... lol.

No comments: