Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Southern Spain

!Buenos tardes mis amigos!
Sarah and I are currently in Cordoba in the south of Spain.  It´s VERY hot here.  Like 100 today.  I kept splashing myself in the fountains.  Sarah´s a rock though, she´s having like no issues at all with it.  Hopefully I get stronger.... hmmm.  So we´re seeing lots of cool stuff.  The mix of Moorish and Catholic culture is really interesting.  I love the Moorish architecture, it´s muy bonita.  I could stare at it all day.  Yesterday we were in Sevilla.  They have this incredible building there that was a Moorish mosque slash citadel and then it was taken over by the Catholics and made a royal palace-- it was SO beautiful, I wanted to MOVE there forever.  Anyways, we´re having a good time.  Last night we stayed at this incredible hostel.  We even had our own bathroom and there was this flower filled courtyard.  Lovely.  Tonight we take the night train to Barcelona and then we´re off to Nice in France.  We´ll be taking it easy there, just relaxing and taking in some local culture and some beach time.  It will be very nice.  After that we´re in Venice for two days and then we´re taking the ferry over to Greece.  Things are going quite well, though, just so you know, the Madrid train station is a nightmare.  The lines just go on forever.  One thing I miss very much from the states is our service.  I hope everything is going well with you guys and I love you all very much.
Love,
Kristi

No comments: