Tuesday, May 23, 2006

VENEZIA

Hello all my favorite people!
 
Sarah and I just arrived in Ancona from Venice and in two hours we'll be off for Greece!  Very exciting.  It's like a day on the ferry over.  So Venice is GORGEOUS.  It would be perfect if I could actually find my way around... loved the water though and the islands were adorable.  And I love Italian people, I just can't say enough good about them.  Language, attitude, everything.  Loved it.  Just a side note, every big city in Europe has an infestation of pigeons.  Yesterday in the main square people were actually paying money to hold food in their hands and let the flying rats walk all over them for the photographic opportunity.  No joke.  No wonder people think Americans are stupid.  Other gross things about pigeons, they're currently in heat.  The males look RIDICULOUS, all puffed up and spinning around trying to get the pigeon ladies to look at them.  It's pretty darn funny.  Yep.  Anyways, we're having a good time though we're quite tired.  6 weeks is a long time, though I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.  I'm learned loads about the world and my place in it and I know this trip is making me a better person.  I love you all dearly and I will talk to you soon!
Kristi

No comments: